Using an X-Rite i1 Pro2 to measure M1/M2 conditions
From MeasureColor 18.3 and later it is possible to measure M0, M1 and M2 conditions with the X-Rite i1 Pro2.
The X-Rite i1 Pro2 enables M1 and M2 measurements by taking two measurements for every sample and calculate the correct values. The reason behind this is the special light source configuration of the i1.
Measuring a single spot
Just press the button on the i1 Pro2 and wait for the instrument to run it's measuring cycle. This will typically take a bit longer than an M0 measurement.
Scanning a full Color bar in M1 or M2 with the i1 Pro2
- The zebra striped ruler is mandatory
- Press and hold the button on the i1 Pro2 and wait for the beep
- After the beep measure the color bar from left to right.
- Release the button
- Wait for two short beeps to sound
- Press and hold the button on the i1 Pro2 and measure from right to left
Scanning a multi-row Color bar
Scanning a multi-row basically works the same as scanning 3 single Color bars. Just scan every row from left to right, and from right to left as explained above.