install walkthrough for new users
Purchase or request a license key
Purchase or request a MeasureColor (demo) seat license at your reseller or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive an email with:
- a Colorware license voucher
- a download link inside your voucher
IMPORTANT: Please Install all available Windows updates onto your PC.
IMPORTANT: check the system requirements here: system requirements
- A click on the download link in your license voucher will bring you to your software download page.
- Download the latest MeasureColor installer.
- Launch the installer and choose Client & Server.
- If Windows indicates a pending reboot the installer will ask for a reboot and halt. Please reboot the machine and restart the installer as many times as needed.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and go through all steps. Installing will take up to 40 minutes depending on the circumstances
- When asked, click the Configure server for first use button
- Follow the steps during installation to finish the installation process until this dialog appears:
Activate your license
- Click Configure server for first use
- Fill in your contact and company details
- Create the admin account when asked (and keep your credentials in a safe place, there is no password reset possible)
- Click the ‘Activate your software license now’ button
- Fill in the asked details from your license voucher
- Submit your registration, your license is now activated and the server is ready-to-use
Install the measuring client
There are two ways to do that:
- Resume the installer by clicking Launch client software. This is only possible when using the client on the same machine as where the server runs
- Download the client installer from the server, this will also work over the network: Adding a Measuring client
- Login using the MeasureColor Admin account you’ve made before