The MeasureColor installer can handle a great variety of Windows versions, measuring devices and situations. In 99% of the time double clicking the MeasureColor installer and following the instructions should do the trick.
However as not all conditions can be foreseen sometimes third party portions of the system can fail to install due to circumstances and prerequisites we cannot control. Here is a overview of possible fixes:
“This version of IIS is not fully supported or IIS is not fully installed”
A Windows issue: IIS can't be installed while a reboot is pending
- Reboot computer
- Start installer again
.NET 3.5 framework not activated in the OS
- Activate .NET 3.5 (W8 and later)
- Download .NET 3.5 framework (Windows 7)
“Visual C++2010 SP1 Redistributable x86 .. Failed”
The installer cannot automatically install the required runtime with your configuration
- Manually download and install the following file:http://support.colorware.eu/downloads/prerequisites/Visual%20C++%202010%20SP1%20Redistributable%20×86.exe
- Run the installer again
MeasureColor installer halts but SQL is not installed
A SQL issue: SQL won't install while a reboot is pending
- Reboot computer
- Run dbutils manually with this command: “c:Program Files (x86)MeasureColor 4ClientDatabaseUtils.exe -installsqlserver”.
- Now installing SQL and MeasureColor should be resumed and finished
After installing “Configure server” does not appear. If you check the server on localhost:3000 a “LCMS binding DLL” not found message is shown.
In some configurations not all dependencies are automatically installed
- Manually install the following file: http://support.colorware.eu/downloads/prerequisites/vc_2015-vc_redist.x86.exe
- Reboot machine
- Fix the license using the management module on localhost:3000
MeasureColor should start normally after that
The following feature couldn't be installed:
In some configurations (Windows server) the installer cannot install .NET framework 3.5.
- use the Server Manager to install roles and features
"Error 1706. An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client cannot be found."
- Uninstall 'Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client' from 'Programs and features' and retry the installation.