Minimum system requirements
- Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (SQL Express 2017 version will be installed by default)
- Microsoft IIS webserver (part of Microsoft Windows)
- 2.4 GHz Intel DualCore processor or better
- 8.0 GB Ram or more
- 20Gb Free hard disk space (primarily reserved for server Database storage)
- 100/1000 Base-TX Network connection
- Proper internet access at all times
- Administrative rights for software installation
- Colorware needs remote access to the server for installation purposes
- A mail address and access to an SMTP server to register users and solve lost passwords
Windows Server 2012 end of service
Microsoft has announced the end of mainstream support for Windows server 2012R2 on September 10, 2018. We therefore strongly advise not to install MeasureColor on those systems.
To run smoothly
- Use SSD disks
- To make and edit your Reports a Full-HD monitor is recommended
- Use a fast multi-core processor
- Use SQL 2016 or later which is considerably faster whenever possible
- Use 16 GB of memory. Depending on the use and number of simultaneous connections you might want more memory. Rule of thumb is to match the size of your Reports database but it depends on your situation.
- The supplied SQL Express version can hold up to 10 GB of data. If you need a larger database it's possible to add the reports database to your existing SQL stack.
- Rule of thumb is that your memory should match the size of your current Reports database for best performance.
Colorware holds no responsibility for database integrity, security, maintenance, backup and restore procedures. It is advised that a trained system engineer monitors and manages your system.