By clicking the [+New connection] button a dialog is shown enabling you to input the company. A key for that company will be created automatically.
The automatically generated key to be linked to this company. Use this key to create a data link between your Reports server and a MeasureColor server. Go to MeasureColor's System management to input this key under System→External Reports.
In the MeasureColor Connections dialog all keys will be of the MeasureColor type. Use the 'External Databases' dialog to create and manage keys for non-MeasureColor servers.
The company this key is linked to as entered during key creation.
The admin that created this key.
Timestamp of the last activity. This can aid in establishing a connection with a remote MeasureColor as it shows you whether or not a connection succeeded and when it was the last time data was sent through this key.
Whether or not this key is currently active.
This shows you whether a MeasureColor connection is available or in use. This is important as any connection can be used by one server only. Create a new connection is you need to add a server and none of the connections is availabe. Licens restrictions may apply.
Toggle the status between ACTIVE or DISABLED (temporarily).
Remove the active key (permanently).
Adding the key to MeasureColor
- Go to the System management module on the MeasureColor server.
- Go to System → External reports.
- In the Overview of external Reports servers click the [Add] button.
- Select Reports as Server type.
- Name the connection with Connection name.
- Type the URL where your Reports install can be reached from your PC.
- Use the Reports generated key and set this as Verification Token.
- Tick the Send every measurement automatically to synchronize at all times with the Reports server.
- Tick the Enable connection after creation
- Press the blue [Test Connection] button. After some time (this can take a while as the system waits for a response from the server).
If the configuration is valid the interface will show that with a green check sign and the connection can be saved by pressing [Update].
If a red cross appears check your settings in both MeasureColor and Reports.