4 February 2013
Colorware has released a brand new PressView version for Print Quality Control: PressView version 4. With the new PressView 4 you can measure, analyze and score the color quality of your print production within seconds, anywhere, anytime. The new PressView 4 software is easy to install and has almost unlimited functions and features to help you analyze your print production, here or anywhere in the cloud.
Most important new features of PressView 4
- Windows ASP.NET server and MSSQL database
- Simplified installation and configuration procedure
- Installs and configures for Microsoft IIS or UltiDev webserver automatically
- Native CTP export curves
- Import existing CTP curves for fine tuning
- Printability test module
- Web based Management system
- Interface improvements for all modules
- Improved dot gain view, now showing all colors together
- New CTP view, ability to import existing curves
- Improved workflow in Color Library Manager (also includes averaging)
- New filter technique to find jobs and measurements instantly (works great with bar code and/or QR code scanners!)
- Added logical keyboard shortcuts
- Support barcode/QR-code based job and measurement identification
- Support for XRite Spectro Eye
- Bug fixes
How to start with PressView 4
You can download PressView 4 (including all documentation) here. You might also want to check the new QuickStart manuals that are installed with the client software as well. You can find the QuickStart manuals in our technical documentation. The QuickStart manuals contain information on the most used or new features in PressView 4 and will get you going in minutes.
Like a free demo? Just click on the demo button and fill in our contactform.
How to upgrade to PressView 4
PressView 4 needs a new license activation key. If you want to upgrade, please order via email ([email protected]) and include your present PressView configuration (#seats, floating or non-floating) and your present activation number or serial number. We will return a new activation key as soon as possible. This procedure is also necessary for demo-users, NFR users and customers with a Maintenance Contract.
All data can be migrated from PressView 3 to PressView 4. Colorware offers you a direct remote support session for Installation & Migration for €490 per half a day. Unfortunately data from PressView 2 can not be migrated to PressView 4. Please contact [email protected] for more info.